Saturday, May 2, 2009

My funny father

Sad day today: Dad's gone after a 9 day visit. He came primarily for business (I know, he's retired, and is school teaching 'business'?) and I needed to do a bit of juggling with my hours so that I could get some work done, but we managed to find a couple of windows of time to have some serious fun. He came armed with a list of things to see and do such as: a broadway show (see left), the boat trip around Manhattan, a wander through Harlem and other equally interesting and fun touristy things, and equipped a great guidebook from which he'd ripped all the pages out which covered 'dining and nightlife'. Didn't need those, he explained, and it made his day pack lighter.

 Last night we ate at a s(wanky) restaurant called Casa Mono. Meal was amazing and we sat at the bar to watch the artist/chefs prepare each meal. I don't think I realised how much the beer and wine had gone to dad's head until the very end before we left, when he roared "BLOODY GREAT SHOW FELLAS! A REEEEAL CABERET!!" and the guys in the kitchen, who possibly had never smiled amidst the concentration of a-la-carte meal preparation, each cracked a proud grin. Oh, and Dad, if you're reading this, could you please send me your New York pictures? I think we know they're 18x better than mine, and I'd love them for the ol' blog.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Dad! You'd expect NY to have its fun factor ratcheted up by a Bonnor effort...

    ReplyDelete