Friday, March 13, 2009

Kansas

There's no place like (this home away from home). This is a typical Kansas field next door to Aaron's parents' property. They live on a dirt road in the middle of, well, America. When asked where the road led to, Aaron's reply was, "There are a lot of roads around here, most of them don't go anywhere in particular". Hmm. Riverton is a typical mid-west small-town, where everything happens at half speed and comes with ranch salad and fries. The bloke sitting next to me on the flight on the way over here even gave me a quiet heads-up (after observing the prompt manner with which I put away my laptop and keenly ordered my ginger beer with no ice) that if I was a city girl I should understand that things might not happen around here at the pace I'm used to. He was right.


2 comments:

  1. Great to see some pics of your early travels! Sounds like your eating, playing, viewing has been all it should be so far. I expect the upcoming pics of NY will have slightly more highrise than the flat fields of Kansas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks pretty isolated - all those miles of not much! Really like your blog, we'll keep visiting to see your trip unfold. BTW what are Tater Tots?

    ReplyDelete